Sunday, September 30, 2007

#100 WE DID IT!!!!!
We reached 100 squares!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!
Of course since I am the one putting it all together, I as her mommy get to place my square as the 100th! It reminds me of the beautiful impressionists paintings I love. My wish is that our daughter will always be patient on the Master's hand as He paints a beautiful creation in her.


#99 We are rounding the official finish with a little square from Caleb. Of course mommy and Alexia picked it out for him -but it reminds us of Caleb because when he was little we called him puppy dog. I don't recall why of course. But he does love dogs of all shapes and sizes.



#98 - Yeah for Daddy!! He made it in under 100 with a wish to boot! He picked out this fabric of woods and trails since he likes hiking and being outdoors enjoying God's creation so much.





#97 the wish is getting finalized but the cute little print is from some totally awesome friends of ours that now live in west GA (yeah!! as opposed to former homes of NJ and TX). We enjoy getting together with Mark and Amy and their little one so much - an hour and half of travel isn't that bad sometimes.




#96 is from our very sweet next door neighbor Gloria. She always enjoys having the children over for a visit and sipping some lemonade or sharing an ice cream cone with them. Alexia loves drawing pictures for her or showing her her latest tricks!

#95 Is from a very very special person. Erik's step-grandmother (grandma Judy) gave this to represent her love of ballroom dancing. She was dancing well into her 80's and still enjoys going out when she visits her hometown in FL. She is a great lady who even became a nurse later in life. She adopted two children and has very different stories to tell - so she is excited for us.



#94 Is from a fellow adopting mom Nina in CA It is a very cute feminine bug pattern with a quote from the song "My Wish" by Rascal Flats. I have enjoyed having Nina in one of my "cyber support groups!"


#93 Is such a sweet little square given by some college friends David and Stacy in AL. It was a from some material they decorated their little girl Anna's room in. I remember she was so excited for a girl to be able to decorate in green and purple! They are a very sweet family and I am blessed to know them.



#92 Is a pretty Asian print given by my aunt Judy and uncle Tony. I have been waiting for someone to include this verse. "Do not be afraid for I am with you. I will bring your children from the EAST and gather you from the WEST" -I love it!

#91 Is a very cool butterfly print given by my fun friend Michelle and family. It's a very cute quote (that I have since used elsewhere) by Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes. It says "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. if we are in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time."

#90 Is from some old dear friends that now live in coastal South Carolina. They quoted the scripture "Every good a perfect gift is from above" This family, the Ricks were good to us when they GAVE us their car when we returned from the states with nothing to our name! We will never forget you!!


No comments: